Looking to join a company with an exciting future and excellent benefits? Be a part of our World Class Organization. Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation a well known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic (Tech II) at our facility in Indianapolis, IN 46221. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence. Qualified Candidates should have:
*-* Minimum of three to five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience *-* Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must *-* Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required *-* Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems *-* Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Master Technician *-* Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Truck Technician *-* Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills *-* Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check *-* Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
Applicants Should apply at the facility with the Shop Manager: DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES 1777 S. Belmont Ave Indianapolis, IN 46221
Candidates May apply online: HERE
At DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES our Diesel bus mechanics are here to diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
1. Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
2. Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
3. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
4. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of assignment.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor immediately of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
Key Skills In: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Related jobs for Military MOS 3521, 3522, 3529, MOS, 91A, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M, 63A, 63B, 63H, 63S, 63W, 63X, 63Z, 91Z, 63X, Services tech, Wheeled Mechanic, Maintenance of Motor Transport.
Please feel free to visit our corporate website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com, our Durham School Services website at www.durhamschoolservices.com for additional information regarding our company.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer