SmartSource is looking for a Technical Support Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Schaumburg, IL.
The client is looking for candidates interested in joining our growing company to assist customers and sales team members in the role of Technical Support Engineer. Interested individuals should be able to ramp up quickly and immediately assist with day-to-day needs of the business.
This position will be based in Schaumburg, IL and will support customer and sales team members located throughout North America for pre and post-sale support. Travel to customer and other locations may be required. This is an outstanding opportunity for a forward thinking and energetic individual to be involved with growing company that is providing a full solution for innovative technologies. The candidate should enjoy working cooperatively in a team environment. This position reports to the Director of Professional Services.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Aptitude with mobile device hardware and related operating systems for equipment manufactured by companies such as Motorola Solutions, Honeywell, Intermec, LXE, Datalogic, Zebra, Datamax O’Neil as well as Windows Mobile & CE, Android, iPhone/iOS.
• Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting computing and networking issues as well as performing operating systems and software installations within business critical environments.
• Ability to effectively demonstrate product features to customers, prospects and sales team members to help install, maintain, configure, test, document and troubleshoot wireless mobile computers, printers, scanners and other unique technologies used by customers. Candidate should be able to take the many equipment, software and support pieces and clearly present the value added solution to customers.
• Understand and have experience with customers’ goals and challenges regarding mobile computing equipment as well as networking and infrastructure concepts for warehouse, distribution centers, direct store delivery and other similar environments.
• Knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networks, CWNA certification preferred. Cisco certified as a CCNA, CCDA and/or other related Cisco certification preferred. Working understanding of mobile device management (MDM) software including SOTI, AirWatch and/or Wavelink Avalanche.
• Must possess excellent research, problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
• A degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline and a minimum of two years professional work experience with mobile computing, printing, mobile device management and/or similar technology.
• 401K (after one year), paid vacation & sick time, health insurance (after 30 days), newer office, casual environment, opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know would be interested, please send an updated Word resume to Amanda: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]