Thank you for looking at my job, I'm Tricia Barbier.
If you have questions or would like more info, click here to send me a Direct Message.
SmartSource, Inc is seeking Network Project Technician for a full time, permanent opportunity in Oak Brook.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Our client provides technology design, installation and support services to a wide variety of businesses utilizing Microsoft platforms including Windows XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 2003/2008/2012 server.
They enable their employees to work with a broad range of technologies such as Dell servers, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Symantec Endpoint, Symantec Backup Exec, Cisco firewalls and routers, Dell SonicWALL firewalls and VPN appliances, Acronis imaging software, Axcient imaging and disaster recovery solution, tape backup libraries, online backups, hosted IP phone systems, and other storage systems including Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions.
They a generous compensation package. Salary is commensurate with experience. We provide our network project technician's hands-on training, a laptop computer, expense reimbursements, paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, long and short term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(K) plan, access to numerous technical subscription services, and ongoing professional development.
We are looking for an energetic team member who can:
Implement network and server upgrades for new and existing clients. This will include meeting regularly with the Project Manager before, during, and after projects. The Network Project Technician needs to be fully aware of all aspects of the project before start, ensure that all required products delivered to the client are correct, and the project is completed within the scoped hours.
The Network Project Technician will be required to send daily project updates to the Project Manager including what has been completed, what is in-progress, and what has not yet been started. The Network Project Technician needs to able to adapt to various situations during a project because installations, upgrades, and migrations do not always flow smoothly. The Network Project Technician also needs to be able to work a flexible schedule as projects may require shifted schedules.
- Independent worker.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2/Server 2012 R2 (installation and configuration).
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi (installation and configuration).
- Strong knowledge of Exchange 2010 (installation, configuration, and migration).
- Experience with implementing/migrating to Microsoft's Office 365 Hosted Exchange solution.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2/3 networking equipment (Dell SonicWALL firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, Dell PowerConnect Switches, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to perform 3rd-party migrations.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain client documentation.
- Strong ability to communicate expectations, open issues, and technical time requirements with the client and Project Manager.
- Ability to work flexible hours (shifted schedules).
- Strong attention to detail.
To be considered, please send a word resume to Tricia: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]