Thank you for looking at my job, I'm Tricia Barbier.
If you have questions or would like more info, click here to send me a Direct Message.
SmartSource, Inc is seeking a Data Center Engineer for an opportunity in the Chicagoland area.
Our client is located in Elk Grove Village. They currently have a shared datacenter in the northern suburbs that they are looking at splitting.
We are seeking a datacenter engineer who can assist with separating the data centers, ideally replicating what is in the current datacenter at a new single location. This position would start as a contract opportunity and move into a permanent role for the right candidate.ROLE
- Review of current datacenter environment
- Assistance in purchasing of new equipment
- Building new datacenter
- Provides on-site support including the receiving, inspecting, tracking, installation, configuration, documentation, and support and troubleshooting of technology equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, server builds and configuration, network equipment, storage systems, and cabling within the data center environment
- Install configure PDUs, Data Cables that include copper and fiber
- Perform daily maintenance on Monitoring software and devices to ensure optimal performance and coverage
- Assist Senior Engineers with troubleshooting any hardware installed in the data center .
- Maintain up to date inventory of data center hardware that include servers, network equipment, cables etc.,
- Administer the cloud environment for security, resource allocation, templates etc.,
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Maintain system availability and monitoring of services.
- Rack and cable servers and other networking equipment, complete detailed documentation of hardware inventory and circuits.
- Participate in data center expansion and improvement projects
- Create technical documentation