Job Description: We are seeking 7 Field Support Technicians for a 4 month contract located in Chicago IL. The position will start on Monday January 5th and the hours are Monday-Friday 2PM-11PM. Must be flexible to work weekends as well if asked. The most important skill will be one’s ability of fostering teamwork in the workplace. It is the increased likelihood of a project’s success since teamwork combines the strengths of all members of the team. These strengths will form a combined advantage that can help the team address any complicated task at hand. Location: Chicago Loop Area, then multiple travel locations. The opportunities are working at multiple locations in and around Chicago IL providing migration support for a Windows XP-Windows 7 migration as well as deployment of new computer related hardware which include desktops and laptops. As a Windows 7 Deployment Field Technician, you will be a resource for a Refresh Deployment involving the installation of a new operating system (win 7) on customer PCs at multiple customer locations; (both desktops and laptops). There is already a large team in place just working one location. The people chosen must have reliable transportation as at times will be asked to work a suburb of Chicago by roughly 30 miles outside the downtown area. In addition must be willing to dress professionally and work 2pm-11pm NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Following detailed documented tasks and adhere to assigned schedule Desktop and laptop upgrades
- Maintain an open line of communication with both management and customers
- Perform a variety of pre-deployment, deployment, and post-deployment tasks of a technical nature including: asset verification, hardware upgrading/ assembly and installation, testing and operational checks, and interconnection of computer hardware systems and peripheral equipment.
- Documents, processes and procedures to accomplish task objectives including backup/restore of user’s data, initiating user’s network and wireless connections, migrating user’s e-mail, application and OS settings.
- Installs and configures standard software loads/images. Post image configuration.
- The ideal candidate must have extensive Windows XP / Windows 7 experience. Office 2007/2010 experience. Outlook configuration skills are also required. Leadership skills are a plus. Clear oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must pass a criminal and drug background check prior to starting
- 2-3 years experience working in the IT Field.
- Basic Windows and hardware skills. Pack, unpack equipment. Dispose of packing materials.
- Follow detailed instructions for imaging and support
- Experience with Windows 7 is required
- Experience with Windows deployments a MAJOR plus
- End user integration - must be comfortable in a direct support role
- Must have experience with Microsoft Outlook setup and usage.
- Experience with Dell / Lenovo Desktop and laptops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Troy Hawkins | Smartsource [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]