The Patient Service Associate (PSA) will insure the appropriate filling of all orders and will be involved in the appropriate assignment of field staff personnel. Interview and orient new field staff regarding Unlimited Care, Inc., and position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Interviews and orients new field staff,
2. Coordinates field staff assignments to meet patient/facility needs.
3. Actively answers and records inquiries and fills all orders.
4. Provides efficient and timely response to client needs. Orders should be filled and confirmed within a 10 to 30 minute turnaround time, if possible. All orders must be filled and confirmed the same day.
5. Insures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and contractual compliance.
6. Notifies the Supervisory Nurse of any change in client status reported or recorded by field staff and schedule changes via the Patient Status Change Communication Worksheet.
7. Reports, records and investigates incidents and complaints according to policy.
8. Updates service schedule on ongoing basis as changes occur.
9. Maintains coverage report, field staff availability list, and schedule and control sheets.
10. Completes documentation requirements, notations and reports Assists in reviews of new field staff records for compliance
11. Supervises and participates in office staff on-call rotation schedule and responsibilities as assigned.
12. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities and attends and participates in quarterly CQI meetings as requested.
13. Maintains good communications with client referral sources and makes daily phone calls to apprise them of additional field staff availability.
14. Reinforces recognition in the community as the provider of home care and staff services through contract and patient contract.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Requires computer literacy.
2. Have the ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and handle detailed work.
3. Have excellent interpersonal, interview and telephone courtesy skills and clear verbal and written communication skills.
4. Possess the ability to work independently and set priorities.
5. Knowledge of people management techniques and decision making skills.