SmartSource is looking for a Help Desk Technician for a contract opportunity in Cypress, CA.
Duration: 3+ months
Location: Cypress, CA 90630
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Job Description: We are seeking a Help Desk Technician for a period of 3+ months (POSSIBLY MUCH LONGER TERM) located in Cypress CA. The Helpdesk Technician handles all Helpdesk requests over the Phone or from the Helpdesk Tracking System user base (Office or Field) then ensure the call is tracked in the CMS. The Helpdesk technician resolves all Level One/Two end-user problems and requests assistance on all Level Three requests from a Network team member. Responsible for ensuring problem resolution to Helpdesk requests, inventory and warranty service repair when necessary.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Resolve all Helpdesk support calls over the phone or from the Helpdesk Tracking System including the following:
- Troubleshoot PC hardware, software and printer problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic office phone issues as well as supported phone software
- Troubleshoot system access including basic network and server access problems.
- PC and phone set-up and configuration for any New Hire, Transfer, Termination.
- PC system maintenance and upgrades, basic PC refresh.
- PC Inventory duties as required. (Hardware and Software tracking)
- Basic support, troubleshoot and resolve issues with Mobile devices and our GOOD application.
- Assistance with documents, e-mail, Internet and VPN dial-in.
- Issues that cannot be addressed by the Helpdesk are escalated accordingly.
- Set-up training classroom.
- Must pass a criminal and drug background check
- 3+ years experience working in the IT Field
- Basic understanding of computer technology in a business environment.
- Effective computer skills; Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop and other Company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education and Experience Required:
- AA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent communication and customer services skills.
To be considered, please send an updated Word resume to Amanda: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]