SmartSource is looking for a Printer Field Service Technician in Chicagoland for a contract to hire opportunity.
: Printer Field Service Technician
: Chicago, IL
: 3 months
: Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours
: Hourly rate competitive based on experience and history
: $0.51/per mile and cell phone
: Full benefits including PTO, Holiday pay, health insurance and retirement plan after first 90 days
Upon hire one week of training in the client’s Atlanta, GA training center is required. This does require having a credit card in your name to be able to rent a car while there.
SmartSource, Inc is seeking a Field Service Technician for a contract-to-hire opportunity to service copiers, multi-function printers, wide-format printers, desktops and notebooks at customer sites. Candidates should have a good background in printer break/fix repair.
As a Field Service Technician, you will install, de-install, maintain, and provide preventative maintenance on mono and color stand-alone and networked printers, multifunction printers/copiers, desktops and notebooks installed at customer locations. You will provide a high level of support for customers by exhibiting a high degree of technical proficiency, excellent technical skills and professionalism. You will serve as the first line subject matter expert answering technical and application questions. Maintain accurate and complete documentation, inventories, parts orders and returns, assigned company assets and other administrative paperwork.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR PRINTER FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
• A minimum two (2) years of direct related experience, break-fix, repair and support for printers, servers, desktop and notebooks.
• A+ Certified is preferred.
• Previous experience performing hardware repairs on laser printers and copiers is highly desired.
• Must have previous field service experience.
• Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Networking and Internet.
• Previous Lexmark, Xerox and HP printer repair experience is a plus.
• Strong electro/mechanical skills or equivalent experience.
• Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management.
• Strong Teamwork and customer relations skills.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR PRINTER FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
• Travel Percentage: 100%
• Mileage reimbursed
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Must be willing to work overtime up to 20%
• Must be willing to accept "on call" requirements for after hours and weekend coverage when applicable. • Must be able to pass criminal background, drug test and driving investigation
• Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
• Reliable transportation with valid registration and insurance
• Meet performance benchmarks.
• Attend in-house or off-site training as directed.
• Requires valid driver s license, clean driving record.
• Pre-employment criminal background check is required.
If interested, please send an updated Word resume to Amanda at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]