SMARTSOURCE is in need of a Network Engineer for an opportunity in Portland, ME
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3-6 months
Location: Portland, ME 04101
Normal Business Hours
Works as a member of the Network Operations team within the Network Services group to support and maintain the hardware and infrastructure of the enterprise data and telecommunications networks. Under general supervision you will be required to install and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN, wireless and telecommunications systems at a high level. This position will be responsible for evaluating current systems, work on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Helps plan large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Provides work leadership and training to lower level Network Engineers. Day-to-day work assignments will be made by the Network-Telecommunications Manager as needed to meet these objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position are a subset of those of the network operations team as a whole. The employee may be asked to work on any or all of the tasks listed below, depending on the availability of other team members and the nature and scope of any special projects in progress at that time.
- Experience in design, setup and configuration of network router/switch and converged voice technologies from an engineering perspective. LAN protocols to include VLAN, STP, QoS etc.
- Understands network and telecommunications transport technology at a high level (MPLS, ATM, ELAN, PIR, T-1 etc.) interfaces across an enterprise.
- Understand network routing protocols at a high level (OSPF, EIRGP, BGP, HSRP etc.)
- Understand network tunneling protocols at a high level (IPsec, IPsec over GRE etc.)
- Experience in design, setup and configuration of complex wireless networking using Cisco and Aruba gear that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications. Experience preferred with Cisco ACS servers, WCS, WISM 2’s and Aruba ClearPass.
- Proficient with IP addressing (IPv4 subnets and supernets)
- Experience in configuration and setup of multi-vendor Firewalls and Security appliances for access to vital business applications, site-to-site and client VPN connections. Preferred experience with Cisco ASA products.
- Working knowledge of network performance tools including, but not limited to: Wireshark, Prognosis, NetQos and NetScout.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Assists with other members of the Network Operations team to maintain wide area network connectivity between all major points of service. Work with telecommunications and other service providers as necessary to resolve problems.
- Work with the clinical departments and biomedical engineering to bring new PC and workstation based clinical systems on-line and integrate them into the enterprise network. Provide technical consulting to clinical users of such systems in areas of team expertise as directed.
- Maintain an active program of self-study and learning to enhance professional skills and to stay current with advances in networking technology.
- Be part of an on-call out of normal work hours schedule for critical network systems and related problems as required.
- Provide backup and coverage for other members of the network operations team and the Network Services group as needed.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 75-95% of the time and lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Language skills: The ability to read and interpret technical bulletins, professional books and journals, hardware and software documentation; the ability to write technical reports and procedures.
- Reasoning ability: The ability to analyze problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; the ability to understand and interpret sophisticated technical concepts.
- Team skills: The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment; a willingness to learn new skills and take direction from other team members; the ability to manage time efficiently.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
Preferred Skills and Experience
Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification
Experience with Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus.
Experience with Avaya VoIP phone systems
Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus