SmartSource is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer for a contract opportunity in North Kingstown, RI.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 90 days
Location: North Kingstown, RI 02852
Job Description: A Desktop Engineer is needed at a financial institution to provide desk side support for hardware and software. Must be able to pass background check, drug, and credit check.
L2 support for hardware /software / general networking
• L2 can resolve 90% of the user problems before finding it necessary to escalate the issue to a higher level.
• Advanced technical troubleshooting and analysis skills
• Perform onsite installations or replacements of various hardware components, software repair, diagnostic testing, and the utilization of remote control tools
• IMAC: install, PC moves/adds, changes
• Imaging and PC rollout project level experience
• Certifications: A+ / Net+ / Microsoft
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software to include specification, installation, research, testing of computer systems, and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
• Diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems associated with application software and operating systems.
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
• Windows XP\7
• Office Suite
• Site Helpdesk
• Command prompt commands
• Remote Desktop Client
• VPN software
• Adobe Products (Reader, Flash, etc)
To be considered, please send a word resume to Amanda: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]