SmartSource, Inc is seeking a talented Technical Sales Professional to provide technical pre-sales assistance on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft hybrid cloud solutions both to SYNNEX sales personnel as well as to SYNNEX reseller customers. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about technology and can convey the technical benefits and business value of complex hosted IT solutions in a simplified and easy to understand manner. The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter is a must. You must be confident in both technical sales and sales based conversations regarding Microsoft platform technologies especially hosted solutions/ Microsoft Azure. The ability to speak to varied audiences to include sales, sales management, technical sales, and reseller executives is a must. We are looking for candidate with strong cloud experience (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and with a holistic understanding of the competitive landscape to include, Google, Amazon, Rackspace, etc.
The primary role is to provide pre-sales guidance and consultative assistance on the Microsoft Azure Platform to on-board resellers into building solutions on Microsoft Azure and to facilitate the sale of Microsoft Azure through SYNNEX.
- Proactively engage with SYNNEX sales personnel to sell Microsoft Azure and other Microsoft solutions to include Cross-sell /upsell opportunities and objection handling.
- Guide resellers through Azure onboarding including familiarization with the Azure Billing Portal, Management Portal, and common solution scenarios (VMs, Storage, RemoteApp).
- Coach Microsoft Partners (resellers) on the merits of the Azure Platform and on how to monetize it effectively.
- Broker Microsoft Azure technical guidance through research, escalation, and collaboration with [distributor] and Microsoft personnel.
- Maintain current understanding of IaaS competitive landscape and Microsoft Azure points of differentiation.
- Assist in the training and onboarding of newly hired and junior SYNNEX personnel as it relates to Microsoft’s Cloud Platform.
- Provide candid feedback from resellers to SYNNEX management and Microsoft account team on roadblocks resellers are encountering as it relates to delivering solutions on Microsoft Azure.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related technology experience OR equivalent required.
- Thrive in a high energy, fast-paced sales environment for a multi-billion dollar technology distributor where cross group collaboration, team work and leadership is a requirement for success.
- Ability to influence others with exceptional interpersonal awareness skills.
- Demonstrated technical and business value knowledge of both Microsoft and competitive technologies plus solid presentation skills.
- Proven record of delivering results working with customers and/or partners in a pre-sales capacity.
- Solid understanding of IT solutions at a high level and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft solutions to include:
o Microsoft Azure (or other IaaS provider at discretion of SYNNEX
o Windows Server 2012
o Virtualization / Hyper-V
o Productivity Solutions / Office 365
(Certifications not required, but preferred. Willingness to pass Pre-Sales Technical accreditations on Microsoft Azure within 60 days of employment.)
WHAT SYNNEX OFFERS YOU
If you share our mission, our strong work ethic, and our values of integrity, continuous learning, quality of work, commitment, teamwork, execution and results, respect for the individual, and taking manageable risks, then SYNNEX may be the place for you. We offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Development Scholarship Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Bereavement and Jury Duty Leaves
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Live Well Work Well Program
- Training Opportunities
- Pet Insurance