Dress Attire: PROFESSIONAL-Shirt and Tie for Male Hires, Dress Or Professional Attire for Female Hires
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5:30PM
Pay Rate: $20/hr
Bill Rate: $29/hr
Role: We are seeking a Desktop Support Technician for a long term opportunity located in Sioux Falls SD. Provide support within a corporate environment for PC’s and laptops. Provide desktop support, which includes troubleshooting end user computing issues, loading operating systems and special applications. Responsible for the installation of desktops, laptops, monitors and telephones within the office. Assist Network Applications Services with IP phone installations. Responsible for desktop/laptop swaps which includes uploading and downloading data and communicating with end user to ensure a seamless change. Assist end users with printer installation and provide new hires a hardware and orientation. Setup all conference/training rooms when required. Work with office on end user relocations and equipment moves within the office. This includes communicating with to schedule moves, disconnect, and reconnect equipment. Works with other areas of IT Services to enhance the efficiency of desktop computing and supporting infrastructure.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and drug test in order to qualify for the position
- 3+ years of Field Engineer experience working with Microsoft Technologies
- Windows XP, Win 7, Office Suite 2003, 2007, 2010
- Familiar with Lenovo, Dell, and Xerox
- Experience with basic Printer support.
- Troubleshooting remote network device experience.
- Working knowledge of LAN protocols and TCP/IP Ability to clearly document systems and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow established change control procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with application support.
- Basic Active Directory Administration (password reset)
- Perform assignments as directed by client - team manager.
- Recognize situations requiring a service call Escalation and follows proper Escalation Procedures. Provide the support required to close service tickets, within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer (“fix the customer").
- Provides timely and, accurate updates to the Remedy ticketing system
- Effective time management skills required.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills required. Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and coherent manner required.
- Ability to work with a broad constituency and have tolerance for the different work styles of the various clients required.
- Ability to work in an environment that may be occasionally stressful when assisting clients on site required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Superior customer service focus required.
Troy Hawkins | Sr. Technical Recruiter [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]