SmartSource, Inc is seeking Network Consultants for a 3-6 month opportunity that will travel nationally 100% of the time.
Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM Monday-Friday
Travel: 100% NATIONALLY
- The positions are 100% travel regardless of place. If a person cannot travel they will not be considered.
- There are a number of steps which include Site Survey’s as well as implementations.
- We need a road warrior who can travel nationally.
- Ideal person must have a solid Cisco wireless background and perform all of the following below.
- If a person does not have a Cisco wireless background and cannot travel 100% then they will not qualify
- Person must have a credit card for travel incidentals and possible rental car fees depending on the state they will be located in.
- Perform a physical walkthrough of the listed facilities
- Review Client wireless LAN and cellular services
- Review VoIP services, if applicable
- Review cable plant
- Review MDF and IDF locations
- Review network infrastructure
- Review UPS power
- Identify electrical deficiencies to support UPS
- Review Infrastructure resiliency
- Review HVAC and cooling (to the best of ability)
- Review physical security
- Cameras (to the best of Insight’s ability)
- Perform a hybrid wireless site survey using active and predictive planning tools
- Identify interference sources
- Identify neighboring networks
- Place and test access points to provide signal propagation source
- Identify internal access point installation locations
- Identify external access point installation locations (if required)
Assess and Design Wired Cabling infrastructure to include:
- Current and required Copper connections
- Current and required Fiber Uplinks
- Current and required cable pathways
- Current state of MDF/IDF’s
- Patch Panels
- Patch Cable routing and dressing
- Rack Layout(s)
- End point connections for:
- Point of Sale Systems
- User Workstations
- IP Phones (if applicable)
- Wireless Access Points
Assess Wide Area Network, for Voice over IP readiness
- MPLS links to corporate and/or regional data center
- PSTN connectivity
- Analog device needs
- LAN/WAN QoS
- Paging (for gateway interface, if required)
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check before starting
- 4+ years’ experience working in the IT Field
- CCNA level background providing installation of pre-configured routers
- Must have a solid Cisco Wireless background NO EXCEPTIONS
- Must have be able to travel 100% NO EXCEPTIONS
- Background in doing Site Survey’s for Wireless projects
- LAN installation background
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.