Title: Lenovo Sales Engineer
Location: Greenville, SC
Compensation: Permanent - $110-130k
No visa Support – Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
SmartSource, Inc. is looking for a highly talented, detail-oriented and motivated individual with proven communication skills and a strong work ethic to work in a challenging, fast-paced, energetic environment responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture.
- Masters’, Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of 7-8 years of related industry and job experience, or equivalent certifications and 7 years related industry and job experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial and CxO levels.
- Technical translator - Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of Cloud based solutions, public/private/hybrid clouds, deploying and running solutions in a cloud environment.
- Must have experience (not just knowledge) implementing virtualization solutions.
- Knowledge and implementation of Enterprise Virtualization, VDI, VMware technologies.
- Knowledge of networking and complex software integration.
- Ability to work in the field in remote offices, and be self-managed with excellent prioritization skills.
- 5+ years experience as IBM System x Systems Engineer: System x racks and towers, BladeCenter, x86 Flex systems blade servers and integrated systems.
- 5 + years experience as a Sales Engineer or equivalent supporting Enterprise accounts.
- 5+ years experience Windows in the areas of system administration, integration or development.
- 5+ years experience working with Virtualization technologies and/or with a VMWare Certified Professional certification.
- Consulting, pre-sales, and/or sales engineering experience preferred.
- Government clearances a plus, but not required
- Works to ensure programs and policies are consistent with the strategic plans and initiatives of the Company.
- Demonstrated computer skills, specifically working with personal computers
- Analytical and details oriented
- A passion for Customer Satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and/or work on multiple calls concurrently
- Ability to work, strive and grow in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to apply quality principles to work performed
- Ability to maintain a high degree of ethics and integrity
- Acts as an advocate for the client
- Acts as the ultimate authority on Lenovo’s products and architecture designed to address client’s business problems.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Responsible for driving sales, design and planning of the Lenovo’s practice, responsible for determining business and technical requirements and ensuring effective communication of proposed recommendations to senior management.
- Present Lenovo’s products and technical proposals to end –users during consulting engagements to address their often complex requirements, design value driven architectures, and explain the application and ROI of those solutions.
- Support the sales team by delivering compelling recommendations which directly result in the closing of new sales.
- Train resellers.
- Ensure revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of prospect/customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the development of Lenovo’s sales strategies and solutions to help ensure Lenovo’s objectives are met.
- Conduct live demonstrations of Lenovo’s products as appropriate.
- Act as technical point of contact for prospects, customers, and the sales team.
- Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFI/RFPs.
- Form relationships with client’s technical staff to identify new opportunities.
- Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the prospect's needs.
- Drive and support pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, PoCs, evaluation and benchmarks.
If you share our mission, our strong work ethic, and our values of integrity, continuous learning, quality of work, commitment, teamwork, execution and results, respect for the individual, and taking manageable risks, then SYNNEX may be the place for you. We offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Development Scholarship Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Bereavement and Jury Duty Leaves
- Casual Dress Code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Live Well Work Well Program
- Training Opportunities
- Pet Insurance